How do I use Tetra Lifeguard tablets ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium2012

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Instructions say to remove filter carbon.

I have a Penguin 100 Filter with a Bio Wheel, is the blue filter or Bio Wheel considered a carbon filter ?

The treatment can last up to 5 days, so is it ok to run the filter without the filter cartridge for 5 days ?

Also do you just place a tablet right into the tank ? What if the fish tries to eat it ? Dissolve in some tank water first ?

Thanks

The carbon is inside the cartridge so that will need to be removed not the wheels. The other question ill have to look up because I'm not familiar with it.

aquarium2012 said:
Instructions say to remove filter carbon.

I have a Penguin 100 Filter with a Bio Wheel, is the blue filter or Bio Wheel considered a carbon filter ?

The treatment can last up to 5 days, so is it ok to run the filter without the filter cartridge for 5 days ?

Also do you just place a tablet right into the tank ? What if the fish tries to eat it ? Dissolve in some tank water first ?

Thanks

Most people don't believe in the use of carbon at less removing meds. So no its not going to hurt them by moving it. If it was me I would get some filter floss or the cut your own pads to replace it. This way you won't have a whole bunch of free floating stuff in your water.

I can't find any info on that med, I'd just follow the directions on the box

aquarium2012 said:

Ive searched and cannot find an exact answer.

No problem wish I could have been more help on the meds :( have you tryed raising the temp to 86 degrees? What's wrong with the fish?

What are you trying to treat? Chain stores, for reasons beyond my understanding, love recommending this garbage. It doesnt work. Return it and purchase a med that will address what your issue is. If you are unsure, please provide us with a list of symtpoms, tank parameters, tank size, water change schedule, etc to help us ID what you may be dealing with. Meds should only be used if necessary.

Never use Tetra brand products. Garbage and don't work. " It's like treating an infection with water"
What are you dealing with? What fish? Some meds can kill fish

Most people don't believe in the use of carbon at less removing meds. So no its not going to hurt them by moving it. If it was me I would get some filter floss or the cut your own pads to replace it. This way you won't have a whole bunch of free floating stuff in your water.

I can't find any info on that med, I'd just follow the directions on the box

No problem wish I could have been more help on the meds :( have you tryed raising the temp to 86 degrees? What's wrong with the fish?

What are you trying to treat? Chain stores, for reasons beyond my understanding, love recommending this garbage. It doesnt work. Return it and purchase a med that will address what your issue is. If you are unsure, please provide us with a list of symtpoms, tank parameters, tank size, water change schedule, etc to help us ID what you may be dealing with. Meds should only be used if necessary.

Never use Tetra brand products. Garbage and don't work. " It's like treating an infection with water"
What are you dealing with? What fish? Some meds can kill fish

I had a Neon Tetra that looked like it was hunchbacked - it died. So I just got the Tetra treatment to make sure there is no disease spreading in the tank.

I have a Black Mollie in there with a few Ghost Shrimp, they are fine right now.

I just wanted to use the treatment so the others dont get sick.

I have a API Master Test Kit and the water appears to fine. I do a small water change (1 bucket) every week to 2 weeks. I also vacuum the tank while doing the water changes.

This is in a 10 gallon. I will be setting up a 20 gallon long in a few weeks or so. I definately dont want to transfer any disease over.

I have only been feeding them TetraMin Tropical Flakes. I have the LED light on for about 5-6 hours then the Moonlight for a few more hours. Water temp is 78-80.

Thanks for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom