How effective is heat only method for ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering how effective the heat only method is for curing ich. I have a goldfish currently in 86degrees that tore off a row of about 6 or 7 scales. I can't use the salt method because when I add even a moderate amount it obviously irritates her.

Also, would adding some API Stress Coat help her out with her open wounds at all? I had a free sample and was wondering if I should throw it in or would it be a bad idea with the lower amount of air in the water?

Thanks for input! :)

FishN00b83 said:
if its over 86 degrees it will kill it eventually

My Oscar got ich in the first week in my 180 gallon... I heated it up too 82 and the ich was gone 2 days later. Dont use the ich removal chemical

Stress coat has aloe vera and is designed to help the fish heal and to reduce stress. I don't know if it is good for goldfish though.

API makes another product called Goldfish Protect that advertises the same results for goldies that the Stress Coat does for tropicals.

I would compare the ingredients and iof they are the same, use what you have. If not, then go with the product for your fish.

Just my 2 cents...

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom