how many times have you had ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many times have you had ich?

• Only once

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 2-3

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 4-6

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 7-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never had it!

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
I just bought red tailed boatias yesterday, they are always behind the heater. My temp is at 82. Do they have ich?

Thanks, it was a good read, I also think the new fish are stressed and may be looking for a place to hide.

I currently have it now unfortunately. :( I hope to never have it again, from now on I will QT my SW!

Yes, I spoke too soon. Recently bought a yellow lyretail molly. She has ich. I've had the temp at 80 for 8 days so far, and have been treating with salt. The spots dropped off of her about 4 days ago, and I don't see them on anyone else...yet! My fingers are crossed.

Once :-( right now still treating it. Hopefully never again!

Once when I added crypts and ferns in my tank, I remedied it and all was good.
Scary though, the panic you do for your sick fish

Twice different tanks>.< treating ick now in my bio cube with live plants. Went back to the local pet store and most had it. I'm using copper safe and the temp is around 80. Can't use salt I have live plants who don't like it lol.

So far, never. Spent a month treating my angels for some odd fungus though. They rewarded me for saving them by spawning again... After a fungus on their first batch of eggs caused the whole outbreak in the first place. This batch was fine and hatched, although they devoured every last wiggler before I could move them. So far that has been my only real outbreak, other than whatever mystery ailment wiped out those same angels. But, I learned my lesson there - QUARANTINE!!! Also lost an African cichlid to dropsy once... That was depressing. A horrible thing to watch a fish go through.

Back
Top Bottom