How to cure ich? First timer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Petco sells kordon ich attack herbal formula or is kordon rid ich plus better?

Can shrimps carry ich? On kordon website, it states to save any invertebrates. If im able to catch the shrimps, can I place them in another tank that contains shrimps and fish? Or would that be cross contamination?

Also when dosing with kordon, will I still need to Keep the temperature at 86?

I would move shrimp to separate tank for a couple weeks.
Ich can NOT live on just the shrimp.
It can travel on the shrimp but without a fish(ich has to have a fish) it will die off completely within a 2 weeks.
Then you can treat the tank and fish with rid ich plus .
I don't raise temp when I use meds.
If you do keep temp up make sure you add O2 with a bubbler or lower water level in tank to make return water from filter splash

Read this link;
http://www.skepticalaquarist.com/ichthyophthirius
I posted it earlier and it will help you beat ich easy.
Killing ich is easy,but you have to know how to and if you did....

Shrimps are placed in a separate tank. Still doing daily WC, discovered fish in my QT tank have ich also. Only one rummynose still alive. One of my sterbai cory is laying eggs even tho there is a out break of ich.

What do I do with the QT tank filter media since the fish in there had ich. Does ich contaminate the media?

Then how would I clean filter media to eliminate ich? Or does it die with the medication?

The meds will kill the ich where ever it is(except under the fishes skin).
Also ich will not 'live' in filter as it can only survive on with the host(fish).
So if you are medicating you will kill the ich.'
If the tank is empty the ich will die without a fish....

Back
Top Bottom