How to treat ich ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
Unfortunately I think my German blue ram has ich. He has a few white spots on his fins, but it's not to bad. He is still acting normal.

How do I treat this without having to use meds?

Also how could he have gotten It if none of my other fish had it?

This is how I'm treating ich right now in my 76 gallon African cichlid tank.

Temp raise slowly to 86 degrees.

1 tablespoon of Kosher salt per 5 gallon dissolved in a cup of tank water everyday.

Every 2nd day a 50% water change is performed and then ONLY add salt for water added NOT for entire tank.

Clean gravel/sand/driftwood/rocks/decor really good.

Keep it up for 10-14 days then treat 2-3 days after all fish look good and there are NO signs of white spots anywhere.

This is what I'm doing and it's working! Haven't lost a fish yet. Day 8 today.

Thanks for the reply! I saw your thread, didn't through it all but saw some pics. Thanks for the advice. I have API aquarium salt, would that work instead of the kosher salt? Or no?

If not, where can I get it?

Thanks for the reply! I saw your thread, didn't through it all but saw some pics. Thanks for the advice. I have API aquarium salt, would that work instead of the kosher salt? Or no?

If not, where can I get it?

I can't answer that with 100% certainty, so if I don't the answer I don't pretend to know (y)

I go with what I know. I've always used kosher salt in my tank when needed. You can get it at your local food store.

Here is a pic of the female GBR that I think has it. Would you agree?

image-916661732.jpg

Back
Top Bottom