Hurt or sick fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tribefan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have attached a pic to try to clarify what I am trying to explain. I recently added 3 Red Wagtail Platies. I am concerned that the one I have pictured has developed some whiteness behind his left fin. He is also not using that fin. He has been bullied alot by another male (I'm assuming) and was wondering if the whiteness and non usable fin is hurt or is it being overtakin by some type of fungus or bacteria? He seems to be acting normal, although seen hanging out near the surface. This was the best pic that I could get into focus and have drawn an arrow to point to the oroblem area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If medications are needed, I also have 5 Zebra Danios and a Bamboo Shrimp so the meds would need to be compatible with those. Thanks again for any help!

Mike

Welcome to AA. It certainly looks as if a fungus is starting to set in. I would add melafix as it will not hurt your shrimp. Also have you tested your parameters?

Thanks for the quick reply! Which parameters should I be checking for? The usual ph, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates? Unfortunately the stores are closed at this time of night, hopefully he can make it through the night. If he does not make it by the time I get to the store, is this something contagious that I should continue to treat the water? Thanks again.

Mike

Also, should I follow the directions by the book or has anyone found a more effective way to treat? Thank you.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom