I cant catch a break..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeISright

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did a little remodeling on my tank and a water change because my fish are suffering from ich (almost gone). I also now know that my GT has internal parasites so i will begin treatment as soon as i can get meds which is hopefully sometime today. So i thought everything was under control until i noticed one of my featherfin cats as he was coming out from hiding has a white abrasion/irritated white skin patch. I also took a pic so if someone could tell me what it is i would appreciate it. Im so tired of all these sicknesses and i about to give up.

Attachments

• image-3270624129.jpg
    image-3270624129.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 92
Can't really tell from the photo, it looks like he has got caught up on something, jagged rock or ornament.

Ok it looks a lot better now. Pretty sure it was from a rock or driftwood when i was removing it.

HELP! I added general cure to my tank and now my catfish are acting very strange... I couldnt find anything earlier when i checked on fish that could be harmed by it but i just dove deep in to find anything out and i heard some species of catfish can be affected.. What do i do!?

Well i would do the big WC and wait a day or two then put all the catfish into one other tank so you can treat your main tank...

Guys i need your help i think my GT has columnaris. One of his scales is white and kida raised and he has some white stuff on one side. Please help asap! :(

I got hit with columnaris once. It's very fast moving and so you must be very aggressive in treating it.

You may not like my method, but here goes.

It was in my community tank. Two fish were symptomatic, fin rot and white patches, so I culled them immediately.

I did a 50% water change. I scrubbed the interior walls of the tank (may or may not have done anything but it made me feel better), I refilled and dosed with 1/2 recommended dose of aquarium salt and none of my other fish got sick. It saved the rest of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom