I can't figure out why my Betta is dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Copplanes

Aquarium Advice Activist
Thanksgiving, my Betta, is in a 10 gal tank that is totally unestablished. My intention was to cycle
the tank before adding him but long story short, I had to add him prematurely about 2 weeks ago.
I've been adding bacteria starter and monitoring all my levels, doing a 20% partial water change daily. I'm using water treated with seachem prime and a little aquarium salt, hoping to fight his worsening fin rot.IMG_1480655802.858899.jpg
This picture is from a few days ago, you can see the blood spots and torn fins throughout. Now, Thanksgiving is laying at the bottom of the tank, not moving. I'be seen him reposition a few times and just now he swam, awkwardly, for a few seconds, before laying back down.
IMG_1480655898.660876.jpg
Yesterday I added an Anubus plant, which you can see in the picture, and since then he's been worse than ever.
His tank is heated, aerated, and filtered. Haven't seen any spikes in Nitrites or Ammonia.
Please, emergency advice. I'm not sure if I should set up a hospital tank and treat him with a broad spectrum antibacterial(it seems like this could shock him into dying) or possibly there's something else I could do? I've made a few posts about Thanksgiving now and although I've been following advice and doing my best to keep his water clean, he only seems to get worse.
Please help, asap, I'm starting to feel like saving him is hopeless [emoji174]

Attachments

• IMG_1480655481.475654.jpg
    IMG_1480655481.475654.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 57
IMG_1480689200.522236.jpg please help! his eyes are clouded over and he's looking awful!

I would have to say I'm sorry but it looks like your betta is already gone from the last pictures, I haven't seen your previous posts about this, it does look like velvet to me but I'm not an expert on this or an expert at all for that matter, im here to help pass on what I've been taught, and the things I have learned, your betta has lost all his color, eyes fogging over and nose down is pretty certain his hours are numbered (hope I'm wrong), I hope I am wrong and someone can help you, moving him would just stress him more im afraid to say which would instantly cause death as I haven't had this bad of a case but I have had sick fish that I went to put in a emergency tank and they died in the net before I could even get them out.

I would have to say I'm sorry but it looks like your betta is already gone from the last pictures, I haven't seen your previous posts about this, it does look like velvet to me but I'm not an expert on this or an expert at all for that matter, im here to help pass on what I've been taught, and the things I have learned, your betta has lost all his color, eyes fogging over and nose down is pretty certain his hours are numbered (hope I'm wrong), I hope I am wrong and someone can help you, moving him would just stress him more im afraid to say which would instantly cause death as I haven't had this bad of a case but I have had sick fish that I went to put in a emergency tank and they died in the net before I could even get them out.

PLEASE HELP!
i don't know what i can do, but he's so near death and in pain, i just want to help him.
he's been laying at the bottom barely breathing. his eyes clouded over so i treated the water for fungal infection and i'm sure it's just made him worse.
i need a last ditch effort. i can't just let him suffer

Have you tried some fin rot medication?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom