I can't tell if my black moor looks right or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauradesu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hes in a 40 gallon tank with another fancy goldfish and he was fine when I first got him now he looks bloated. Kicker, he eats normally we kicked him down to just greens and peas to make sure hes not constipated for two days or have a blockage his fins are all normal and in the right position hes swimming around playing with the other fish or schooling if you will. But this is the best picture I have of him he will not stay still long enough for me to get a shot of him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180424-123050_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180424-123050_Gallery.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 59
Hes in a 40 gallon tank with another fancy goldfish and he was fine when I first got him now he looks bloated. Kicker, he eats normally we kicked him down to just greens and peas to make sure hes not constipated for two days or have a blockage his fins are all normal and in the right position hes swimming around playing with the other fish or schooling if you will. But this is the best picture I have of him he will not stay still long enough for me to get a shot of him.
Goldfish have a reputation of being pigs which is one of the reasons they are high ammonia producers. But you should also consider the time of the year. It could be a gravid female with ripening eggs. If it eating and swimming normal, it may be perfectly ok. A parasite or infection is not impossible, but if the fish is eating and acting normal, then my only suggestion is to continue to enjoy your fat fish.

Back
Top Bottom