i dont know what is going on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartman57

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a lake malawi tank (45 gal.) and i have had it for 1 .5 years. i had 2 fish die in 2 days an eyebiter and a fucostomus. i also have a zebra tiliapia which is a pretty decent size. he seems to be very dull in color lately. i have noticed that he would have normal color then 1 minute later he was extremely dull. i have a labidochromis and he is has blackened in the face and somewhat near the gills.they both are not acting as normal and hiding alot. they are not eating at all either. i have checked the levels in my tank and my nitrates areat 200, and my water is very hard 250. also my ph is 7.6 and my nitrites are 0. i do 25% water change usually 2-3 times a month. i have a cascade 100 filter and i change the pads during water changes. i have a wall bubbler and i treat the chorines and add stress coat when changing the water. any ideas also did a quarter water change yesterday to. any ideas???? please help!!

Sounds like you might have nitrate poisoning. Your nitrate level should get no higher than 20. Try an extra big water change to get those nitrates down along with a heavy gravel vac and see if that helps. :wink:

i did a water change about 1 1/2 hour ago!!! i went out for about 30 mins and another fish was dead. i just purchased him 3 days ago. im frustrated. i guess every tank gets itno this type of rut. this is my 2nd in a year and a half. my first was with ick and we wont get into that.
wouldnt a water change like that create more stress. i did a 30% and 1 died 1/2 hout later

Back
Top Bottom