I got ich and dont know what to do...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xsryman

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I flipped on the light on in my 20gal GBR tank and noticed the infamous white specs on my rams. I have only had ich one other time in the past two years of my fish keeping experience and it didn't turn out good. Ended with a blue staind tank and a dead goldfish. I really want to beat this to prove my skills in this hobby and of course to save my rams but I dont know what to do. I pulled the bottle of blue stuff out but decided to turn to everyone here and see if there is a better way. I have heard ich cant live in higher temps so I did a 20% water change and turned up the temp from 76 to 80ish. I cant tell too good cause my heater sucks. But I am aiming for the 81-82 range. Any one have any treatment ideas???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also should mention it has live plants and 3 mystery snails. Oh and 1 nerite.

I successfully treated ich twice with the heat method i also have snail's. I turned my heat up to 30 slowly increased oxygen levels by adding an extra airstone, pwc including gravel vac every 2 days and kept the heat up a week after the last visible spot. Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah ive read alot of stuff about people treating without any bottle treatments. I will give it a shot. Thanks

I'm still fighting off the remainder of my Ich breakout. Out of 20 fish in my 40g only my clown pleco still has it and is showing less spots everyday. My GBR was my second one to get it and he looks back to normal. I brought up my heat to 84 was actually going for 86 but some fish didn't seem to like it. I added aquarium salt, some I've read would recommend double the amount on the package I didn't wanna try that though. I'm finally lowering the heat and vacuuming and pwc's every other day almost. It's been a lot of work but I didn't lose one fish.

Just my experience with it good luck though and I hope your GBR's pull through!

Thanks. I hope they pull through too. They look better today.

Back
Top Bottom