I had a pleco that died, and the feeling I got from the lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
was that I was a fish killer. Some of you may remember my old post where I had a "rare" 30dollar pleco that died a few hours after I got it home. Any way, I went back to this lfs the other day, and I am looking at the fish, and the tank that I got the pleco from had SO many dead fish in it. All the plecs were dead, a few of the corys. I was horrified and at the same time a little glad. It wasn't ME!! They sold me a sick fish. IM not a fish killer!!! Truthfully I don't blame them either. They were probably sold a sick plec that really messed up that tank. All their tanks are always VERY clean and I don't think I have ever seen a dead fish until now. And as a side note, the fish I traded in (the guppies) are alive and well and VERY healthy looking. Thank you.

Meredith,

Did you at least get some store credit for that pleco? The right thing for them to have done to get you to come back was give you at least half credit of it.

I doubt you are a fish killer...

If those in your 55 gallon are alive they must be in good care.

Does you angel fish bug your guppies??

The angel fish ignores the guppies. Only occasionally at feeding time, when the guppies are swimming at the top, does the Angel think maybe one is a bit of food. He will go after it like he is going to eat it but the guppy swims away, and he does not give chase.

I lost a $30 pleco too a couple of months ago the day after I brought it home from the LFS :(
I'm glad the LFS let you trade it (up) :wink:

you know ... It is that reason that i no longer get any fish from Big Al's stores for livestock. The one i used to go to for livestock called me a negligent fish owner and that i should have all my fish and any animals taken away (this as a fish that died 1 day after i got it and no store credit or replacements were given!!!) The fish they sold me was (a month after i researched more and from what i saw from their tanks) we old and the stuff in the tanks around were all dead or dying. Not to mention that i caught them in a fraudulent act ... but i never said anything. Now i only go there to get somewhat of good deals on tanks or food (even at that it isn't all that great). Anyways ... its a good thing you had such a good exerience when it came to that.

Been there before regarding loosing new fish after putting them in my tank.

Turns out that my Nitrate test kit got corrupted somehow. I was reading less then 10 ppm while in fact my nitrates where through the roof (80 ppm).

Just make sure that your noitrates are OK.

Back
Top Bottom