I need help identifying my fish's flashing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aimstro

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I am having issues figuring out why my fish are flashing.
They dont do it all the time but they do it enough to concern me.
I recently had a few guppy moms give birth so i had 40 or so fry and about 50% of them were darting the substrate and then turning to their sides at the last second.
after a day of that then the adult guppies were doing the same thing so i went and got some quik cure because i wasnt sure if it was flukes or ich.
I dosed it the correct about 1 drop per gallon for 3 days and added 1 tsp of salt per 10 gallons then did a 50% water change
but now a couple days later i notice that my blue gourami is doing it now to. its not very often i rarely see her do it but i figure they shouldnt be doing it at all. the first guppy i noticed do this i took out right away and shes somehow still alive she just hangs out latharic like at the surface.

Thanks in advance if anyone has anything to advice.
Im open to trying anything to fix this.

60 gallon fresh water
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:20

Fish Health

Hello I am having issues figuring out why my fish are flashing.
They dont do it all the time but they do it enough to concern me.
I recently had a few guppy moms give birth so i had 40 or so fry and about 50% of them were darting the substrate and then turning to their sides at the last second.
after a day of that then the adult guppies were doing the same thing so i went and got some quik cure because i wasnt sure if it was flukes or ich.
I dosed it the correct about 1 drop per gallon for 3 days and added 1 tsp of salt per 10 gallons then did a 50% water change
but now a couple days later i notice that my blue gourami is doing it now to. its not very often i rarely see her do it but i figure they shouldnt be doing it at all. the first guppy i noticed do this i took out right away and shes somehow still alive she just hangs out latharic like at the surface.

Thanks in advance if anyone has anything to advice.
Im open to trying anything to fix this.

60 gallon fresh water
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:20

Hello A...

Unless you have experience in fish biology, there's no way to know for sure what's ailing your fish. The best thing to do, is not to use chemicals. You don't know how your fish, plants and good bacteria will be affected.

Raise the temperature in the tank to 80 degrees and start changing half the tank water every three days or so. Include a teaspoon of standard aquarium salt (no table salt) to every 5 gallons of the new, treated water. Do a good job of vacuuming the bottom, but be careful to avoid the areas around your aquatic plants.

Reduce feeding to just a little every other day and only what will be eaten in a minute or two. If your fish are sick, they won't be interested in eating. Added food in the tank can spoil and foul up the water.

Follow these for two to three weeks. A little warmth, a lot of pure, treated water, and a little salt will help.

B

Alright that is what Iv'e been doing since they first showed symptoms.
I guess ill just continue doing so.
Had plans to add a male and female convict should probably wait i assume.

Thank you for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom