I need help please!!! Dosing with metro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's the best way to dose my tank with metro?

• Direct into the water.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Soak into food.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both in water and in food.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use something different.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi everyone...I know it has been a long time with no update...but in this case no news has been good news! I really want to thank everyone for their help. The tank is doing really great I am happy to report! I see no signs of illness or stress in any of the fish except one now...the male dwarf gourami. The pleco has fully healed and the other fin fraying on assorted fish is gone. No signs of parasites and the water parameters are good and stable.

The gourami is hanging in there tho...still swims around checking stuff out and eats regularly. I am attaching some photos taken two days ago when he wasn't being camera shy. He still has fin deterioration on his pectoral fins and his long pelvic fins are almost gone. He has grey "stuff" (sorry...lol...don't know what to call it) on his head and sores on his face. I have been leery on moving him to the 10g qt tank because it is not finished cycling. Today's readings on the qt tank were Ammonia- 0.25, Nitrite- 2.0, Nitrate- <5.0, pH- 7.6.

So.....now what? ;-)

image-2358169527.jpg

image-4245325454.jpg

image-2111050702.jpg

image-2489363221.jpg

image-1806359888.jpg

I'm no expert on fish sickness, but red fin = some kind of infection is still plaguing him. Something isnt working if nothing changes

He appears to have an internal infection. The best route to take would be to feed him an antibiotic medicated food as long as his appetite is still good. You can isolate him for meals in the big tank. Angelsplus sells a kanamycin medicated flake for tropicals. Check out their store under medications.

Angelfish

Trisha,
If the garami is in the tank with other fish remove him into another tank as he will infect other tank mates , looking at those pictures he has the same thing mine had , internal gill parasites , really there is no cure for it , I nursed him over 6 months till he passed , now I learned from a few fish experts if internal parasites are present on outer gill flaps it is more of a fight for the poor guy to stand he is being eaten alive it's best to euthanize rather than he suffer

john

be sure to do serveral major water changes to the tank he was in with tank mates also changing filter media
a small pinch about 1/2 size of an eraser on pencile of baking soda will kill any parasites lingering in the existing tank than another water change next day
it won't help him since there internal

Internal infections can be cured. Fish absorb meds through their skin. I've never done it, but I've no doubt it's been done.

jlk said:
He appears to have an internal infection. The best route to take would be to feed him an antibiotic medicated food as long as his appetite is still good. You can isolate him for meals in the big tank. Angelsplus sells a kanamycin medicated flake for tropicals. Check out their store under medications.

Angelfish

+1
Medicated food is better than just medicating the water. More is absorbed by the fish that way.
Hang in there and keep fighting. I cured a goldfish from septicemia. It took two months. It is possible.

54seaweed said:
Trisha,
If the garami is in the tank with other fish remove him into another tank as he will infect other tank mates , looking at those pictures he has the same thing mine had , internal gill parasites , really there is no cure for it , I nursed him over 6 months till he passed , now I learned from a few fish experts if internal parasites are present on outer gill flaps it is more of a fight for the poor guy to stand he is being eaten alive it's best to euthanize rather than he suffer

john

I am just wondering why you say internal gill parasites? I don't see signs of distress or anything gill related...what should I look for?

jlk said:

Angelfish

Checking it out now...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom