I need help with my new cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cwetherford

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently upgraded from a community29 gallon to a 55 gal cichlids tank. I have a maters pair of Texas cichlids and a peacock cichlids so far and they all only want to seem to hide especially the mated pair they hide put in a artificial root and the peacock hides in another root the pair isterritorial about their root and I believe the female is getting ready to have fry again because they have been kissing and doing the regular cichlids flirting thing. I'm just worried because there not eating. So plse hel me and tell me what's wrong :thanks::thanks:

sometimes if they are not used to surroundings they will not associate them with food, so they should get over it soon when they are hungry enough.

how well do the texas get along with the peacocks? shouldnt work by technicality, but kudos to you if it does :D

They get along very well as long as the peacock doesnt go into the pairs home

4-14 days? its never a set time, and its been known that a fish can become depressed from missing the old tank so bad it gets ill after ages of not eating. however luckily this is rare and worst case scenario. cheerful huh lol

if they have good temp and food and parameters, they should be more willing to explore. even more so if some familiar decos are there, even if it is only for a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom