I need some help, got a dead arowana =[

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PzIkHo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a 3" silver arowana that passed away this morning. He was in my 55 gallon tank. I've been unable to locate him, and I'm wondering if I should continue stressing my fish out and going through the substrate to find him, or if I should just leave it be. Will he be enough to poison the water?

I've got a BGK, a Porthole eel (who's almost always buried, hence the difficulty in going through the substrate) a big pleco, and 3 cory catfish. All of them are healthy and active

if you cant find your 3" fish how do you know he passed? Maybe it jumped out?

You really shouldn't have had an aro anyways. They need huge, huge tanks (in the realm of several hundred gallons) . Your pleco and other inhabitants probably ate him. But still try to find it...If he's not dead: return him to the store.

He definitely didn't jump out. I'm getting a 200 gallon tank soon, which is where he was gonna go by the time he needed it. Will keep a lookout, and will return the little bugger if you think it's best. Thanks a bunch for the help

Back
Top Bottom