I seem to have another issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BiggDaddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
as you all know i currently have a bala shark in my tank with ICH and i have been increasing the temp in the tank up to 88 degrees. and today i noticed that one of my gourami seem to be almost black underneath his chin and around his gills. what's going on in my tank??? this is driving me sideways.

Can you get a picture of the gourami? Sometimes coloration changes are normal, without a pic hard to say. Any behavioural differences?

here is a pic of him.....it's not a very good one. I just noticed that all of the gourami are starting too look this way.

Attachments

• IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 84
Is there any swelling or scales sticking out at all? Are they still eating or having any swim problems?

So far I have found info indicating parasites or ammonia burns. Not sure either of these apply here. You may want to try feeding with a medicated food for parasites as a precaution.

ok so the gourami might be a little bigger around the gills but not much ! My Bala seems to be very active but the ich doesn't seem to be getting any better. he chases himself more now in the glass. what did i do wrong???

I don't think you have done anything wrong. What temp are you at? Did you add aeration or lower the water level a bit?

Most of the reading I've found on black patches on fish indicate a parasite. You may have more than one at work. I would get some medicated food if they are all still eating and feed that exclusively in addition to having the temps raised.

My bala 8" chases himself in the glass all the time. So do my 2 6" balas. Normal bala behaviour IMO.

tank temp is at 88 right now. i will have to get some meds tomorrow. what do you think i should get?

See if they have Jungle's medicated parasite food. If you can't get that try for Geltek, it isn't a food, you soak the food in it. I have that for my discus when they need it, they are too fussy to eat the Jungle's.

now the gourami is swollen up on his side towards the back. and i might be nuts but he is blowing bubble at the top of the tank.

Just an update !! The shark is doing a bit better i think....looks like the spots are starting to go....i just did a water change and i will keep you posted.

think that i am gonna loose a gourami today. he is breathing really hard and hangin out on the bottom of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom