I sucked up larry doing a PWC!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone!!! Thats a great idea about putting the nylon stocking over the end, im going to do that for now on so that no other fish get sucked up. The fish are just drawn to the hose for some wierd reason....

I accidentally vacuumed up our rubber lip pleco down the drain luckily he didn't fit through the strainer in the sink but I had to grab him by his dorsal fin which I felt bad about. He likes to borrow in the gravel which I worry about any time I use the gravel vac now. But the other fish are very curious about the tubes for sure.

This is why I use the bucket method. ;)

And my fish already try and swim into the cup I use to scoop water out.

I hope I don't have to deal with sucking mine up... If I can ever afford a python lol. Those things are expensive!!!

I hope I don't have to deal with sucking mine up... If I can ever afford a python lol. Those things are expensive!!!

Im just went to the automotive store and baught 8' of 1/2 clear tubing, I put one end in 10gallon bucket on end in tank, suck to start flow, then let it pour into bucket. Cost me like $5, way less mess and time consuming than the bucket method I used to do. However I will for now on use a stocking to cover the end.

Tasha said:
Im just went to the automotive store and baught 8' of 1/2 clear tubing, I put one end in 10gallon bucket on end in tank, suck to start flow, then let it pour into bucket. Cost me like $5, way less mess and time consuming than the bucket method I used to do. However I will for now on use a stocking to cover the end.

Ya, I've just been doing the bucket method for 6 months on my ten gallon... And doing it on something 3 times that size would kill me. Besides... The python connects to the sink, so I don't need buckets!

So you don't gravel vac?

Ya, I've just been doing the bucket method for 6 months on my ten gallon... And doing it on something 3 times that size would kill me. Besides... The python connects to the sink, so I don't need buckets!
This is what I use now the bucket's were getting old.
pPETS-9424938dt.jpg

FoxRob said:
I bought it at Petsmart it was on sale I don't remember how much I paid for it, I bought the 50' one there is a choice of 25' or 50' on the Petsmart web site.

Ooh! That's a much better deal already, since I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. :p stupid shipping.

I got the 25' from Petsmart also, I think it was $47 after tax and all.

thats straight price no sale or dicount. Same brand Aqueon!

Last edited:
So you don't gravel vac?

yes but I use this to vaccum and it works great, I love it!! I normally vaccum first then do PWC, or a part of the pwc vaccum, then finish the pwc.

Attachments

• eheimvac.jpg
    eheimvac.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom