I think my black ghost is sick or something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dja3617

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed a couple of days ago my black ghost was developing little white spots on his skin so I took a pic and showed the dude at my fish store and he said it was ich so I bought thos medicine to remove it and when I got home from the store I noticed my tetras were covered with it so anyway its about 4 days later and all the fish that were infected are starting to clear up even the black ghost but now the black ghost is almost looking like his skin is milky especially around his cheeks (or what ever that area might be) is he ok should I take him to the store so they can look at him or what????? Someone once told me that because they dont have scales they will shed occasionally if so is this what hes doing because his skin was damaged from the ich???

I'm not familiar with the scales vs skin issue you mention, but I wouldn't take him to the store. The stress of being moved like that will be worse on him than anything. Make sure you don't have carbon in your filter and continue with the ich treatment.

Ok a BGKF should never be treated with any medication that has copper in it. They are scaleless and scaleless fish cannot take that kind of meds. What size tank is he in? Does your medication have copper in it? This may be very hard to do but a picture will be very very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom