ICH!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherlock1315

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone, earlier I noticed that my fish had ich! So I turned the temperature up to 86 degrees and used my 12g worth of Lifegaurd All In One Treatment. I then bought Kordon Rid-Ich. After that I did a 50% water change... What now?!

The tank is 55g so I used the proper amount of Kordon Rid-Ich... What's Next?

I have ick too, and im using ick-x.. Im on my 5th day of treatment with it.. Im using ick-x not more than once every 8 hours.. So i believe i have like 7 doses of it since saturday.. I raised my water temp to 86 degrees and added an extra bubbler for oxygen.. Also before each dose im doing a gravel sweep(clean) and a 1/3 water change.. I cant tell if its working or not but my gold nugget hasnt died yet and thsts what ill keep doing to make sure he has the best chance to survive this. Oh i also removed the carbon in both my filters.. Keeping the faith!!

Update*
Gold nugget pleco is doing great... After the hard work with daily water changes/ gravel sweepings, treatments of ich-x every 8 hours.. Hes going to pull through.. The parasites( white spots) came off his entire body during mid week.. And im still treating him for about another week or so... If anyone needs step by step instructions on how to treat ich i will give you them which worked for me like a charm.. My nugget was pretty badly covered and was at the top of the tank, it didnt look good for him, anyway happy he's bouncing back

Back
Top Bottom