Ich :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One more tid bit in my terrible journey with this.

what you're treating is ich.

To effectively treat ich, it's important to understand a little
bit about the life cycle of the organism.

-------> ADULT (on fish) -------
| |
| |
| |
** TOMITE ** TROPHOZOITE
| |
| |
| |
------------- CYST --------------

The adult stage lives on the skin and body of the fish. It will burrow under the epidermis, causing skin damage. Disruption of the skin
leads to osmoregulatory disturbances, osmotic stress, and allows for the easy entrance of secondary invaders like bacteria.
The cyst stage lives on the bottom of the aquarium, and gives rise to about 300 tomites per cyst.

** THE TOMITE STAGE IS THE ONLY STAGE WHICH IS SENSITIVE TO MEDICATION!

The life cycle takes 12-16 days to complete, depending on the
temperature, and the tomite stage lasts for only three days.

Correct, and the Tomite stage is the stage the ICH particles are free floating. This is why it is susceptible to medications. Medications tend to be more harsh than what is actually needed in treated for ICH. That is why it is recommended that you slowly raise the temp. to combat this issue.

xtra51 said:
Correct, and the Tomite stage is the stage the ICH particles are free floating. This is why it is susceptible to medications. Medications tend to be more harsh than what is actually needed in treated for ICH. That is why it is recommended that you slowly raise the temp. to combat this issue.

:) have a blessed day. Hope it all works out

Moved to FW and Brackish - Unhealthy Fish.

Marine ich and freshwater ich are completely different parasites. The article that LyndaB linked has got you covered.

severum mama said:
Moved to FW and Brackish - Unhealthy Fish.

Marine ich and freshwater ich are completely different parasites. The article that LyndaB linked has got you covered.

Have a blessed day mama

Awesome thanks everyone for input . I am following suggestions in the article . Raising the temp , treating with salt and of
Course PWCS

clown loach is notorious for acquiring itch so easily. we have an aquarium at work and my boss bought 2 of them to get rid of the snails, after 2 days, the loaches had itch and infested the whole tank.

i maybe wrong and maybe it isnt for other aquariums - but thats what i expeienced lol, i got angry with my boss for buying them coz it wiped 99% of the aquarium population - it was too late with the itch remover.

if i were you, treat it now with itch remover before its too late.

Back
Top Bottom