Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cured ich in my son's 10gal with just temps of 88 F .... it's best you add an air-stone or ensure you have plenty of surface movement as warmer water holds less oxygen. PWC's and gravel vacs will be critical in helping to remove the parasites.

I left the temp at 88 F for one week AFTER I saw the last sign of ich ... just to ensure you eradicate it thoroughly. In all took just under two weeks.

K thanks. It has an airstone and I also dropped the water level to create more surface agitation

Can I cure ich in my girlfriends tank by just raising the temp to like 86-88 for a couple weeks?

You'll have to do gravel vacs every 2-3 days to remove the ich spore.

What fish are in the tank and what size tank?

Not really sure. The tank is cycled. No new fish, nothing new has been introduced into the tank

This is the first time I have had anything like this happen. Should I take out the infected fish? And would that speed up getting rid of the ich?

No, once you see ich on one fish, you must treat the entire tank as if every fish has ich. That's how quickly it spreads.

If it's not from introducing something new to the tank, it's quite often caused by stress, like poor water conditions.

That is definitely it.

Is the tank cycled now? If not, expect it to take longer to cure the ich.

Back
Top Bottom