Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dgso1036

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everybody, I need some help. I have ich and have tried several things. I've tried turning the temp up to 84 degrees, but it stresses my algae eater and cat fish out. I've tried copper-safe for a week and saw no change. It actually might have got worse during that time. I spoke to my lfs and they told me to do a 50%+ water change and start rid-ich, which I did. I have only been using that for a few days now. I have two tiger barbs that have it bad and they're the ones that I can't see getting any better. I'm also noticing that other fish are starting to get more spots. Should I cut my losses and get rid of the barbs or just let the medicine work for awhile? Also I don't have a qt tank to separate the barbs.

Ich or whitespot as we call it in the UK gets worse before ot gets better. Its crucial that you follow the dosing guidelines on the meds. This is to ensure that the free swimming stages of ich are killed. Dont give up on the fish :( Also QT will not work as the whole tank needs treating.

Thank you for the advice. I think my tiger barbs are getting better. The spots are getting brighter and appear some have fallen off. I've been medicating and doing a 25% water change daily. So lets hope it works out.

Back
Top Bottom