Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatropicalfishguy78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
please help Ive dealt with ich before and it wiped out all my fish please help.so far only my two kuhli loaches are affected and from what i learned is that scaleless fish are usually the first to be affected. the cause:its winter and i only have one heater due to bad planning by my parents and before i gave my only heater to the tank that didnt recieve enough heat. then winter came and the temperature started to lower. Then i put the heater in the tank and a few days later i saw ich. please help i dont want to start another year wrong.

The only time I dealt with ich it was with my oscars and all I did is add a tbsp of table salt per 5 gallons of tank water and up the temperature slowly to 82-84 degrees Fahrenheit (I would try and stay at 82 with your Kuhli loaches). I continued to run the tank like this for 2 months just to make sure I was clear. Hopefully someone with more experience here chimes in but this procedure has worked for me in the past. I lost no fish during treatment.

Non Iodized salt is fine to use. Aquarium Salt I would assume to have the same effect as I believe it is almost the same make up as table salt.

oh alright so was that the only time you had ich or was there was another experience you had and if you survived it intact without any losses please share so again HELP!!

Hi, I,ve battled ich twice & used the heat method both times without any losses. I didn't use salt in my tank as I have an elephant nose. I raised temp slowly to 86, added an extra airstone for oxygen, pwc daily or every second day including gravel vac, leave temp up a week after last visible spot. It will get worse before it gets better. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom