Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talisrose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my clown loach have ich. I've tried doing med treatment for a weekish finally decided to go for heat and I'm having a hard time getting my temp up. I'm a hair below 85. I have a 75 gallon with a long tube heater on the side do you guys think I should get another one?

Do you have a carbon filter cause that's why your treatment isn't working.for heat in a larger tank like that you should have two heaters rated for a tank half the size of yours instead of one big one

Took all the filters out after maybe 2 days and then kept treating. Apparently meds are super stressful and also reduce the oxygen levels so I'm afraid turning up the heat that high with meds ya know. Ill go out and get another heater ASAP . My royal has it now too :(

I would get another adjustable heater. Depending on where your tank is located, temperatures may be hard to keep that high.

I have loach and I've read that they are super sensitive to salt... :(

Just wanted to say thank you everyone. Lost six clown loach but one survived.. And the ich is gone from royal pleco. My clown has a few spots but definitely getting better !!! The cure is heat! Thanks soooooooooo much!

Back
Top Bottom