Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bestilson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About three weeks ago we bought two German blue rams from PetSmart. They looked perfectly healthy but as soon as they were added to the tank the female exploded with Ich! The male had one spot and it was soon gone. We raised the heat, etc etc and the female looked like it was getting better but then she died on Sunday. As of Wednesday we started to slowly lower the heat back to normal. Is it too soon to add another female to our tank or should we wait awhile longer? If we should wait.. How long?

We tested the water and the results were normal.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Attachments

• image-2013451225.jpg
    image-2013451225.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 54
Do you have other fish in the tank? Usually it is advised to keep the heat at 86F with frequent water changes for at least a week after the last spot is seen. I would wait a minimum of a week before adding anything to it & keep the heat up. You'll need to feed the BB if the tank is empty.

what is normal temp in your tank ? german blues should be kept at 82 degrees minimum

The temp right now is at 82. The tank currently has two african dwarf frogs and the German Blue Ram.

I looked this morning and the male has one single dot. I guess I'll be more patient and wait and hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom