Ich!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah when I noticed it at advance stage I kinda freaked out and bought it and started the treatmentI might try and put one of the survivors in today and see how they take it and make sure the don't start getting it

Yeah when I noticed it at advance stage I kinda freaked out and bought it and started the treatmentI might try and put one of the survivors in today and see how they take it and make sure the don't start getting it

Ok well best of luck!:)

Thanks I appreciate the advice since i've never dealt with ich before

They were in it then I took the other few out and qt them and now they r healthy again and I believe the water is good now

Yea been doing this for almost yr just never have had it lol

I've always treated ich with heat and huge water changes. I start with an 80 percent water change When you turn the heat up, add an airstone. Turn it up to 86 for 3 days, then down to 74-76 for a couple of days and then before you turn the heat back up do another huge water change to remove as much or the free swimming protozoa as you can and then up the temp to 86 for another 3 days, lower it back down to 74-76 for a couple days, water change, then increase the heat again. Do this for 2 weeks and your ich will be no more.

You see ich stop reproducing at a certain temp and then die a little higher, but you can still have dormant spores in the substrate. Lowering the temp allows it to resume the cycle again so you can kill it in the free swimming form, which is the only form susceptible to being killed.

Want to prevent illness? QT all new fish for two weeks.

I had great success with my dads tank using super ick from API and raising temp to 85 . He already had small amount of salt in water . Another person I suggested it to at petstore said it is helping hers as well :)

Back
Top Bottom