Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My 29 and 2o gal had ich from new fish I used API liquid super ick and my 20 gal is cured but one female in 29 gal still has a few spots should I retreat the 29 gal should I try powder form of API super ich cuz I know it worked fast on my dads tank, retry the liquid kind or just try a different brand all together . I have cory cat and dwarf gourami in 29gal so salt use makes me nervous e . Both tanks temp is at 82 ish

Avoid chemicals where you can. Raise the temp for 3-5 days! After 3-5 days do a 50% WC. Make sure you closely match the temps when you do. i keep my Discus at 84 degrees, and my resevoir water is 92 degrees. When i get my buckets in (6 buckets at 5 gals each for a total of 30 gals) I let the water cool to 86 degrees and complete my WC. I lose 1 1/2 to 2 degrees during the process, so my temps match pretty closely. After treating with meds, be sure to run charcoal in your filters to filter out any remaining bugs or meds. Another suggestion is to get a digital meat thermometer at Home Depot (in the grill and grill supplies section for about $6.) They are pretty accurate. I swear by them.
D

I might just retreat with meds I don't want to risk th ick remultiplying and my tank temp is already at 83 I already have a thermometer in my tank and I already try matchup tank water for WC i think it would be less stress I medicate then raise temps to what my fish don't normally do . Normally my tank is at 79-81 plus medication is 4 days

Back
Top Bottom