Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fatfei

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what's wrong with this goldfish, I've had him for nearly two years but now it is sticking at the bottom and sometimes rubbing his side along the sand. I was thinking ich?

Water nitrate fine, nitrite 0, ammonia 0

Thanks in advance20180611_112115.jpg20180611_115821.jpgScreenshot_20180611-123800.jpeg

Difficult to determine from your pics, but it doesn't look like Ick. The lump on the fish might be Lymphocystis, but that virus shouldn't affect the GF to that extent. The symptom of flashing usually indicates a parasite. The problem might be the early stages of Oodinium / Velvet, a very aggressive parasite.The oodinium parasite is much smaller than Ick and hits the gills and mouth first. Later stages, the parasite covers the body, looking like a very fine yellow powder.
Velvet is much more lethal than ick. Lethargic behavior and flashing are early symptoms of Oodinium. Might try one of the standard parasite meds.

Difficult to determine from your pics, but it doesn't look like Ick. The lump on the fish might be Lymphocystis, but that virus shouldn't affect the GF to that extent. The symptom of flashing usually indicates a parasite. The problem might be the early stages of Oodinium / Velvet, a very aggressive parasite.The oodinium parasite is much smaller than Ick and hits the gills and mouth first. Later stages, the parasite covers the body, looking like a very fine yellow powder.
Velvet is much more lethal than ick. Lethargic behavior and flashing are early symptoms of Oodinium. Might try one of the standard parasite meds.
Thanks for that, I had heard of Lymphocystis, guess MYXAZIN will be the thing to use then?

I took a video, well tried to. Hope it won't spread [emoji849]

Screenshot_20180611-123337_Photos.jpg

Lymphocystis has to run its course. No cure, it is a non fatal virus. As for meds. I was thinking maybe, Rid Ick Plus, or Coppersafe.

Okay I have a single white spot appear on my black goldfish now. [emoji24]

Are you sure the new white spot isn't just a grain of sand stuck to your GF.

Are you sure the new white spot isn't just a grain of sand stuck to your GF.
It was definitely a white spot, I purchased some more medication because the other one was opened over a year ago (protozin) which treats white spot among other things and put it in the aquarium last night. Curiously the goldfish has perked up today. Swimming fine wanting food and the white spot seems to have burst, I can see a mark on it's body where it was. So I'm hoping the new medication I've got is working.[emoji17]

Back
Top Bottom