ICH advice, help please it wont go.................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gazza

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Right ill start off by telling you what i have.

I have a Juwel rio 300, its stocked with:-

5 Clown Loach
2Red finned Loach
1 Hoplo Catdish
1 Gibbecep Pleco
1 Bristle nosed pleco
4 Tin foil Barbs
2 Silver dollars
2 African Butterfly fish

All the levels seem fine, no drastic temperature changes, no recent additions to the tank.

I noticed that one of the Silver dollars had Ich slightly, so i raised the temperature and added a little salt. About two days later I noticed that although the Ich had cleared from my Silver Dollar ALL my Clown Loach were absolutly covered in ich, gutted. I did a 10% water change and I treated the tank with white spot treatment. I have been following the guidelines on the treatment since then but nothings happening.

I have had ich before but ive always been able to overcome it, all my other fish seem fine, no flashing, well no more than usual, its just the clown loach, i know that they are more prone to this but does any one know how else to treat this.

Thank you all in advance

GAZZA

Woah, watch it with the meds. The meds are a poison and the theory is that the ich will die before the fish. Since clown loaches dont have any scales they dont do well with ich meds. You should do a big water change and put some carbon in the filter to get rid of the meds. I reccomend the heat and salt treatment, for further info, read allivymar's article in the articles section.

[center:73bfdb0af6] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, gazza! :n00b: [/center:73bfdb0af6]
Give the heat and salt treatment a try. Your fish will thank you! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom