Ich and panted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khlash

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Will raising my temp to 87 for a few weeks hurt my newly established plants? Ive got three onion plants, a crypt, and some bulbs Im waiting to sprout. What about Ich medication? Which is the better way? Id rather raise the temp then medicate 70 gallons of water. Thanks.

ive treated ich in my planted tank with the heat treatment only...no salts...no meds...i kept the temp at 87F for a little over 2 weeks and nothing happened to my plants i didnt lose a single fish... :mrgreen:

I think most plants will tolerate temporarily elevated temps fairly well. Salt, on the other hand, would be a disaster. I'm not sure how well plants would tolerate other ich remedies like malachite green. I would be interested to know if anyone has had experience with it. Good luck :)

We have treated our tanks with Ruby Reef Kick Ich it doesn't harm the plants, shrimps, fish, or snails. It's a 3 wk long treatment. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom