ich and snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wvllflower

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi I have a question about ich and snails. so today I realized my tetras are sick. they got a lot of white spots and it happened overnight. i think there is one spot on my bettas tail too so I put them in medicine but I took snail out. i know that snails can't get ich but can carry it. so my question is when fishes are healthy will they get sick again if I put snail in who might be carrying ich? how long does ich stay on a snail?

It's okay to put the snail back into the main tank once the med treatments are over, but only after a large 50% WC. To ensure that Ick doesn't strike again, up the water maintenence. Do thorough gravel vacs and keep the water warm, 80 -82 degrees.

If the snail is in a fish free environment it should be safe after the 7 -10[approximate] treatment.
Ich needs to find a host it can live on in days after hatching so after the treatment is complete the snail should be clean if kept in fish free environment.

Back
Top Bottom