Ich and still no resolve!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive been watching them all day, and the fin rot seems to be really spreading quickly... I dont want them to suffer...is there a way to speed up the healing process?

i just changed 90% of it day before yesterday.... cant get any cleaner at this point...

i need to take out the old rocks and boil them...theyre probably holding all the sickness..all I did day before yesterday is run it under warm water....thats not going to do anything...

Yeah, changing it every day will help alot. :)
When you can, you could try some Stress-Coat, which has aloe, and will help too.

I would take all the rocks out, soak them in a 10:1 bleach solution, dry in the sun for 2 days, and then soak in 5x dechlorinated water, and not put them back in until the fish are better.

really? not a bad idea actually... course ill have to keep the tank as clean as possible but the filter i got is really good... as long as i keep an eye out... good plan

What happens to the algae eater then....since there will be no algae?

alright so....heres what i did (since there is still an undergravel "fiter" in the tank I had to do it this way)...I took the fish out (with exception to the cory and algae eater) and put them in a temporary bowl of medicated water..there is literally nothing but fish, water, and meds lol...
Around 5, when Aseem leaves the house, I'll be able to make all the noise i want, so at that time I'll remove the other two into their own bowl with fresh new water and ill empty the tank totally of its rocks and leave nothing inside...I'll then return all the fish to the newly "clean" tank and keep medicating...

Bare bottom tank ftw!

Unless there's some crazy incompatibility with the medication, I stand with my recommendation of the ammo chips.

dude....ammonia has nothing to do with anything as far as i know...my levels are fine...im trying to cure an ich outbreak here.... i dont get the ammonia thing lol

The higher ammonia=higher stress=lower immune response. It will also allow you to concentrate on the ich only, rather than trying to also micromanage your ammonia. The meds have probably killed your cycle by now, as well as the breakdown of your tank. Since you don't have a reliable test kit, zero is the next best thing.

(ftw is for the win... barebottom tanks are the easiest to treat)

but my ammonia is showing as being between none and very low (according to the fish shop that tested it)...all I can really do at this point is keep doing pwcs and treating the water, and then medicating over and over every day...
At this point I'm broke... I dont have a way to buy anything else or the gas to even get there. I had a client cancel on me today so...there went $85. Its ok...lesson learned...which is.... no using someone else's tank decorations and rocks without boiling them first.... :::sigh:::

Back
Top Bottom