Ich and velvet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Engel

Aquarium Advice Activist
Starting with one angelfish I thought my fish had ich. I have been using heat and salt, but it hasn't gone away. As of yesterday I started seeing "ich" on my other fish. This morning I saw that my black angel has a white powdery film over his entire body. Is this velvet? All fish are eating fine, but I have noticed some irritant like behavior.
Could they have both ich and velvet? I am done fighting with the salt/heat crap. I am going today to pick up Kordon Rid Ich. Anyone had any luck with this? I have green coydras, and five neons in the tank too. Should I half dose this stuff? Gaaahhhh!!! :mad:

By the way water parameters are fine. 95g. Current stock:
5 green coydras
5 neon tetras
1 otto
1 LARGE pleco
2 hd size angels
2 quarter size angels

I recently added two the two small angels from PetSmart who do not appear to be sick, but I can not think of where else it would have come from. I am sure it is velvet. The white spots that I thought were ich appear dusty. Gross. So my question remains.
Should I half dose the Rid Ich for the sensitive tetras? I could also move the tetras to an empty 40g and treat them seperately, but I don't necessarily want to spread this into the "clean" 40g because I have babies coming soon that I intend to grow out there.

OK I got the rid ich, and I'm going to do a huge water change and dose them tonight. Cross your fingers for me! I don't want to loose these angels!

Okay, I know this is an pretty old thread, but I just started treating my tank for ich, I'm also using kordon rid ich. I was wondering if it worked for you, and your thoughs on it. If you were pleased etc

Engel said:
Starting with one angelfish I thought my fish had ich. I have been using heat and salt, but it hasn't gone away. As of yesterday I started seeing "ich" on my other fish. This morning I saw that my black angel has a white powdery film over his entire body. Is this velvet? All fish are eating fine, but I have noticed some irritant like behavior.
Could they have both ich and velvet? I am done fighting with the salt/heat crap. I am going today to pick up Kordon Rid Ich. Anyone had any luck with this? I have green coydras, and five neons in the tank too. Should I half dose this stuff? Gaaahhhh!!! :mad:

I have been treating ich also. I already lost one spotted puffer. I have 2 big angels. Praying they don't die
Good luck with yours

Back
Top Bottom