Ich, culmanaris and fish death. HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok. So I brought home 2 parkinson rainbows about 10 days ago. I did the ol' bag transfer method as I don't have a QT tank yet. (I know I broke a cardinal rule and I have learned my lesson, will be picking on up today.

After one day in the tank they were covered with ich. Started the heat treatment. 2 days after tank at 86.5 ich was pretty much gone. Completely gone on third day. Leaving temp high for 2 weeks from day 3 as per the article. Yesterday I noticed one of my rasboras had a small white growth on his lip (culmanaris I think). I planned on picking up some melafix today as this worked very well for me in the past.

This mornig when the light went on I noticed only 1 of my 6 rasboras swimming around. I found 2 bodies in the gravel and one floating near spray bar. I paniced and started searching for the others and found my ADF dead and 2 cories dead. I had anticipated some problems with the cories due to the heat and I don't think it was the culmanaris that got them as there weren't any signs of it. I had to rush off to work after clearing out all I could see. I'm pretty sure some of the dead ones made it into my filter. I plan on doing a 50% PWC and clean out the filter for any fishies that got in there.

My question is, should I lower the temp.? I'm woriied by doing that the ich will attack again as it has only been 7-8 days since the spots were gone. WHAT DO I DO???

do you have any fish left with the white growth (non-ich).. If you deside to lower the temperatue you can opt. for aquarium salt before you lower the temperature to make sure your still continuing with your ich treatment..

Bacterial/Fungal infections also thrive in warmer water. I would slowly lower your temps back down to the lower 80's and add some salt and stress coat.

I did a 50% water change last night, removed my carbon (in filter for driftwood tannins) and treated tank with melafix. All fish left are eating and active so I'm thinking this is the end of it. Thanks for the replies....

Back
Top Bottom