ich cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do I cure ich in my ten gallon? I have three black neon tetras and a betta with live plants. They act like they're okay. I raised the temp to 86°. What else do I do??

Added the aquarium salt. Betta seems to be doing better but I know it takes time. And I got api super ick cure just in case. Is it okay if I turn off the filter? so the Med won't get filter out

I know that but it's a cartridge. I know I can just cut a hole then take it out but I don't wanna risk of screwing anything up

Oh...are there any other cartridges in there or is it just that one? If it's just that one in there then I'd just cut it out and take the carbon out.

Nah. It's just that one. I'm thinking about cutting it too but I just turned off the filter. I know I don't have to but I just feel better that I'm not messing with anything important like the cartridge.

No not salt. I got the API super ick med just in case.

I was using that at first but.. well it helped a little, I'm still using it but my betta looked like it needed the meds and I don't mind that it colors the water. I'd rather have colored water than having the fish die.

The water coloring thing is just a side issue, I just don't like using malachite green and formaldehyde on my fish unless its an emergency. I've had good luck with salt/heat personally.

Im in the same boat you are.. Im using ick-x and it changes my water color to blue.. I just raised my temp a few days ago and i took out my carbon in my fluval cannister and HOB aquaclear. Before a dosage im doing a 30% water change with gravel scrapping to ruin the ick cycle, so all in all im doing a lot of work so im hoping this works out for my gold nugget.. Oh one last thing i added a extra air bubbler because of the water temp so it dosent deplete the oxygen

jetajockey said:
The water coloring thing is just a side issue, I just don't like using malachite green and formaldehyde on my fish unless its an emergency. I've had good luck with salt/heat personally.

Yeah I know, it even says on the bottle. The water cleared up tho. So I'm using heat and salt now. How often do I add salt? I just added it like.. maybe two hours ago.

Back
Top Bottom