Ich I think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can we see a picture and some more tank information such as size, tank parameters and the begining of these symptoms?

I don't know how to get a pic on the page but the tank is 10 gallons and I have 4 guppies, 2 dalmation mollies, and 1 pink kissing gourami none of them are near full grow and 1 female guppy died 2-4 days ago.

I don't know how to get a pic on the page but the tank is 10 gallons and I have 4 guppies, 2 dalmation mollies, and 1 pink kissing gourami none of them are near full grow and 1 female guppy died 2-4 days ago.
Upload from you're computer. What are you're ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?

I'm not sure but can you use any ich treatment on catfish and if they don't have ich will the treatment hurt them.
Well, if he's fading and gills are inflaming, I suggest changing water immediately at around 50%-75%.
If you're positive it's ich, medication can work, but it adds additional stress, witch might kill you're fish. There are natural ways to get rid of ich:
Treating Ich

I would suggest raising temperature to about 80 degree's, and add salt rather than dumping meds in your aquarium for the catfish, you have to be extremely carefull when treating fish such as catfish, and any knifefish. If do decide to medicate the aquarium take out catfish !

I would suggest raising temperature to about 80 degree's, and add salt rather than dumping meds in your aquarium for the catfish, you have to be extremely carefull when treating fish such as catfish, and any knifefish. If do decide to medicate the aquarium take out catfish !
That would be useless, as the ich sticks on the fish and the tank. That's why you must treat the whole tank. This might cause it to spread in the area he will re put it in. The best bet is to naturally treat it as you said with heat. Salt isn't necessary though. Some fish are sensitive to it.

That was the second option given in my previous post, made first suggestion based on the sensativity of the catfish :)

Hey guys

I have a couple of EBR's which I think had ICH when I purchased them as Ive been back to a couple of my LFS and a couple of stores had rams with ich including the store where I got mine, anyway I have been treating with only heat and ATM everything looks fine the white spots have disappeared, so I presume the ich is now water born and trying to breed in my tank, none of my other fish show any signs and they look happy.

I've been lurking around here for a while now everything you nee to know is here, don't loose faith with you ich problem, I know I would have if I didn't find these forums so thanks :)

Hey guys

I have a couple of EBR's which I think had ICH when I purchased them as Ive been back to a couple of my LFS and a couple of stores had rams with ich including the store where I got mine, anyway I have been treating with only heat and ATM everything looks fine the white spots have disappeared, so I presume the ich is now water born and trying to breed in my tank, none of my other fish show any signs and they look happy.

I've been lurking around here for a while now everything you nee to know is here, don't loose faith with you ich problem, I know I would have if I didn't find these forums so thanks :)
Well, you have to keep treating it for at least a week after it dissapears, to make sure it doesn't come back.

Back
Top Bottom