ich ickyness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good news, we made the move and stressed about our tank and our fish for no reason. We. Have had no more ich break outs but temp is still raised just to be safe. We recycled our other tanks and got new fish in one and getting ready to move two of our barbs to the mating tank. We did lose a few fish from the ich and our ghost black knife probably due to stress but overall are very happy that most of the fish survived. Thanks to everyone :)

ich loves worm temt and light lower the temp keep the light off get rid ich plus and do a watrchange before every dose this will help i have 29 tanks cuz im a breeder and 19 of them had ick all at the same time i did this and in a month or month and a half they were getting better and the tanks were ready to go back to breeding

Next time you could try no-ich, you could get it from petsolutions.com it worked for my neons and it's safe for plants

Well we have come to a conclusion that we will get no more live plants. That's when it started to become a problem, we late found out that the plants this store sold we in a tank shared with fish that people don't want anymore and are in qt till they are moved to the other tanks. Instead I make my own plants as well as buy the plastic ones. At least the plants I make move around with the water flow and don't just sit there.

Connorgriffin said:
ich loves worm temt and light lower the temp keep the light off get rid ich plus and do a watrchange before every dose this will help i have 29 tanks cuz im a breeder and 19 of them had ick all at the same time i did this and in a month or month and a half they were getting better and the tanks were ready to go back to breeding

Ick doesn't like warm temps.. it just speeds up the life cycle making the cyst fall off the fish faster, making treatment effective in a shorter amount of time. I raised my temp to 86 and was ick free in two weeks.

That's correct. And Ich is not affected by light in any significant way. Not sure where a lot of the info in this thread is coming from. Also, Ich is an obligate parasite, there's no data that shows that it lays dormant in a tank, so the 'ever present' idea doesn't have much weight.

Back
Top Bottom