Ich not getting better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't find it on the box but I'm pretty sure methane blue? Something like that cause it turns my water blue...

If its Methelyne Blue, that is a pretty potent med.It's not normally used as a treatment in tanks. Usually used as a bath, and with fish eggs to help prevent fungusing. Keep track of you water params using that med!!

Just got a test kit today (I know I should have had one but low on money and didn't know any better at first) just test and thi is what I got

Attachments

• image-2127336806.jpg
    image-2127336806.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 42
  • image-533216634.jpg
    image-533216634.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 40
  • image-1297835093.jpg
    image-1297835093.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2460221658.jpg
    image-2460221658.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 38
Your tank appears to be in a mini cycle, or it wasn't cycled completely to start with. How long has the tank been set up. The ammonia isn't real bad at the moment, but the nitrites are at a concerning level. You need to start doing some water changes until you get the levels back to zero on Amm. and nitrite. Stop using the Methelyne Blue. If you want to use meds to cure your problem, use something that contains Malachite Green, and formalin. Half, to 3/4 recommended dose. The first priority is the water params at this point. Higher levels of amm, and nitrite will stress the already ill fish even more:(

foster53 said:
Your tank appears to be in a mini cycle, or it wasn't cycled completely to start with. How long has the tank been set up. The ammonia isn't real bad at the moment, but the nitrites are at a concerning level. You need to start doing some water changes until you get the levels back to zero on Amm. and nitrite. Stop using the Methelyne Blue. If you want to use meds to cure your problem, use something that contains Malachite Green, and formalin. Half, to 3/4 recommended dose. The first priority is the water params at this point. Higher levels of amm, and nitrite will stress the already ill fish even more:(

It has been set up for about 3-4 months. And no it wasn't cycled to start with (I know bad! But I was new and didn't know) and I just spent all my money on air stones, a test kit, and gravel vac so getting new meds isn't in the budget I have. And I am planning on stopping the meds since it looks like my tank temp is rising naturally so I'll let that run the coarse of the ich. Wish I would have known more before I set it up I was just so excited I guess I couldn't *smacks myself*

The higher tank temps will help the ich problem but it makes the ammonia and nitrite levels even more deadly for the fish. Do water changes 50-75% with water conditioner and match the tank temp with the water so you don't shock the fish. Get those nitrites down is a big concern.

ok meds are not needed i have a tire track eel and many other scaleless fish and had great success with heat salt and garlic it always gets worse before it gets better pwc do help since your taking them in free floating form salt at half doses make sure there all eating well..you should be good(y)

I do 25% wc everyday since I got ich and with the salt what brand? Where can I get it? How much is it? Sorry I do not trust my self when I go shopping for stuff

i got mine at petco dont remember the brand but its about $5 bucks and it will last a while...helps to keep salt in the tank i n low doses to help with future outbreaks

API is name brand that is generally sold in the pet stores, it comes in a blue and white carton similar to a milk carton. It has directions on the box for how to mix it and add it to your tank and how often it should be done.

It will be a bit before I can get some but I will from now on keep some on hand

Raise the temperature since it will quicken the parasites' life cycle, when the parasite is off the fish it's a chance for the medicine dosed into the water, to kill them off. Salt will also help, but get melafix or look for rid-ich, I've used it many times before successfully.

No need to raise it I've actually been trying to watch it. It's constantly rising since the ac went out. And I was looking at rid-ich today I was gonna get it but sure will once i get the money

Yay! I had an amazing day so far! Came home, no sign of rich anymore!!! AC got fixed! And tested water again they weren't as amazing as the news though...

More water changes to get your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate down and use the high range ph tester the low end side is reading a deep blue which is off the charts for that one

I will continue the water changes. And thanks so much! :)

Back
Top Bottom