Ich??? Pls help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deMelo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I think my fish have ich

Started to notice white spots on my rainbow fish
Now all of my fish have tinny little white spots

I have raised my temps up to 86
Water quality is ok

Not sure what to do
I have some baby fry to so don't want to put any product that will kill them

Did a water change this weekend

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415117201.511426.jpg

Tried to take a good pic but is hard

Thanks for your time!

Use a thermometer to verify that your temp is really 86 or higher.

Most strains of ich will eliminated by 86f for 10-14 days without any other treatment needed.

Just make sure there is plenty of surface agitation as O2 levels can be an issue with higher temps.

I like to add coppersafe it will kill almost any-type of invertebrate(not shrimp or crayfish safe)
do not add salt with tetras in the tank they do not like it
a micro filter helps < I have used a diatom filter it sucks all the swimmers up
If you treat with heat I would go with 21 days to be safe , heat does not kill the ick it just speeds up there life cycle and they only have a short time to find a fish host or they die , moving water makes it harder for them to find a host and tetras , barbs and rainbows like fast moving water

You know maybe I was lucky but when I had my oscars they CONSTANTLY had Ich. Probably from the feeders.
I always had crays and used to use ich meds and never had one die on my watch.
Just never knew honestly, this was long ago.

there are many different meds for ich , some will kill crayfish like anything with copper in it
live feeders from a lfs often are sick , best to use pellets or freeze the feeders overnight to kill the parasites, also I used to feed my snakeheads saltwater killies that I bought at a bait store live , they would not eat anything but live fish

Back
Top Bottom