Ich precautions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gzeiger

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know if and/or how fast drying or chlorinated tap water will kill ich parasites? I'm wondering what precautions need to be taken to switch a net or water change bucket between tanks when one is recently infected.

chlorine will kill your fish. to kill ick raise the temp to about 87 degrees but only about 2 degrees every 12 hours till you get there.

Use another net. I imagine a bleach solution and a good rinse would do the trick.

chlorine will kill your fish. to kill ick raise the temp to about 87 degrees but only about 2 degrees every 12 hours till you get there.

Pay more attention to the question.

I agree with Speed and Lager. It's the same thing you do to disinfect a used tank and equipment.

make sure to use prime or something to break down the bleach so in no way you get it into your tank....

How about using tonic salt?

By using tonic salt in moderation when water changing, can counteract any ich or other parasite infestations within the aquarium. Even costia etc.

also raising temp does work but, i found can stress the fish and reduce the effiency of o2 within your tank,

its always worked for me anyway... hope it helps?

Back
Top Bottom