Ich problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Legit Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
i recently transferred my fish from a 10 to a 20 long heavily planted tank because i was doing some changes on my tanks. i noticed that there is one white spot on one of my guppy and 1 white spot on my kuhli loach. i noticed this when i got my new finnex daylight led and so far observing for 1 day it is only on two fish and only 1 spot on each. i do not want to stress them anymore so i want to cure this tank before i have a MAJOR outbreak. i really don't want this to happen because this is my pride tank and it is heavily planted. so is there anyone that has cured ich in planted tanks? without any or minor fish deaths? oh and i am planning to get some bamboo shrimps and i forgot where i heard this but i heard that they can eat ich since they just filter out small particle and parasites..... is this true?

Hi, any more spots? You could go with the heat method (no salt as planted) or meds (check it suits what you have in the tank as per usual). Both methods I've used without any fish loss.

Not sure on the shrimp - I suspect they would need to get eat a lot and you only need one to continue the cycle.

Just how the ich acts means the bamboo shrimp won't have much of an effect on it. I'm sure it might eat some but it's definitely not a control method.

Back
Top Bottom