Ich problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayven Joseph

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, lately I was admiring my tank and discovered that both my oscars have ich so immediately I put the temp up to 86 degrees it went away a little but not completely I have medicine but it expired 12/15 should I still use it also since they got ich I know that mean that the water is cold it was on 79 my heater skips like this 76,79,83 what would be the recommended tempIMG_2339.jpgIMG_2341.jpg second one is kinda blurry from calcium at the rim of the tank

First buy a reliable heater! Oscars are ok are at 75 to 78. IN a aquarium they want constant temp, Or at least no drastic water temp changes. 86 is way to high no more than 83 or you will stress them out more. you are cooking them at that temp. and with a heater that doesn't work properly.Go buy new medicine. ick meds are cheap. Here in Hawaii we fish for Oscars limit 2 a day. They are wild here.

If the heater is not keeping the temp the same it isn't working properly and you need a better heater! just because it heats the water doesn't mean its working the way it should be!

I use to thermometers on my tanks.I will only allow 2 deg. flux. I realy like only 1 deg flux if its more than that my heater is history. I only use my heaters in the winter but I'm in Hawaii.

Cause I put it on 79 and I check it and it be like 75 really never thought of it

Back
Top Bottom