Ich problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben K

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a case of ich in mt 10 gallon tank. I treated with a ich chemical and raised the temp a little and all of the affected fish seem to be cured (visually) but one. He has gotten himself worse. If ich gets too bad, is there no hope? He is covered fairly well now with ich, twice as bad before I started treatment.

Here is a nice article on Ich:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=32

I would raise the temp of your tank to above 86 degrees along with insuring you have a lot of surface agitation to provide O2.

Ich you kill your fish by infesting in the gills. The best you can do is raise the temp and hope.

I have used a salt dip before to help some really bad looking fish. One lived and one died, so I can't say I would do that again.

The heat method is best as rkilling mentioned, I personally go for 88F with extra aeration. Keep the heat up for 2 weeks after the last spot is visible and your fish should be fine. I don't use salt. I have lost sensitive fish before with the salt.

Back
Top Bottom