Ich Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I added a new Cory cat to my main tank. I know I'm a little overstocked, but it's not ridiculous and when I get my own place I'm getting a bigger tank. My tank has 4 albino Corys, a DG, and three snails. It's a 10-gal. I noticed my Corys rubbing on the sand which they never do and thought great something's wrong. It's either Ich or ammonia. My ammonia tested .25 which for my tank is normal. So conclusion is the wonderful gift of Ich. I cannot raise the temp in my tank due to a non-adjustable heater. I started parasite meds last night and for Ich it's treat every day for 4-5 days. I plan on going for the five days. Should I add salt to the mix? Should I vacuum my sand during treatment or wait till its done? This is my first run with Ich but not with parasites. Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)

Be careful medicating cories, they have plates instead of scales.....I think 1/2 or even 1/4 of the normal dose is recommended by most on here for them. I would also say make double sure it's ich before treatment......I know they're albino, but maybe net and bring one to the surface and inspect it closely for the sugar-sprinkled look of ich.

You said you think it's ich because of the way they're acting? Have you seen any of the telltale signs of ich yet, ie little white dots on fins/gils?

I think you should still try and get a closer look before medicating......assuming it's ich when it might not be and treating for a parasite that might not actually be there is prolly gonna stress them out.....

Galic guard is natural it goes w food fish love it it suppose to help w iChat I'm using it now to hopefully help w internal parasites I don't know for sure if they have them they act normal just have stringy poop I'm a new owner so I'm afraid to medicate also garlic guard boosts the immune system to help them fight stuff to just thought I'd throw that out three I put a few drops on brine shrimp let it set a few min drain and throw it in hope your fishys will be ok

Hello there I have had ich before it can be very troublesome to deal with if u are certain it's ich I would just does with quick cure for 7-10 days increase temp to 80 for 5 days then I bet your ich is gone . Just my opinion though hope that helps oh and for bad cases do a salt dip it works wonders

Back
Top Bottom