Ich realy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well today I come home from work to find my loach's doing their dance almost aggressively, find my gold nugget pleco on the front glass, never seen that before, and my geo cowering behind the rock. I was like ok but weird. On closer examination, I notice my nugget with stress marks, and we all know how delicate they can be, so now I'm concerned (75$ pleco at that). My geo comes out and I notice he is covered in white dots, then look at my loachs to find the same thing. Hard to tell on the pleco because he has smaller spots already. we just moved and I'm thinking the stress of the tank move triggered this somehow?? 6 months no problems or additions.
I know I could have searched for ich on the forum, but their are so many different opinions on chemicals and such. I would prefer to do this naturally or find a chemical that will not harm my delicate soft water fish and pleco. I was reading about heat treatments and such? I have horn wart and anarchist that I will remove for the heat raise and quarantine outside in a bucket to get light. I'm assuming two weeks and the ich will not survive on the plants? Please help if you know of or have been down the same boat. Again I'd prefer to avoid chemicals, but I'll do what I have to.

-brad

IMO raising the tank temp to 86 is the best way to go. It has worked many times for me. The addition of aquarium salt can also help. Once the spots disappear keep the temp up for ten days.

calfishguy said:
IMO raising the tank temp to 86 is the best way to go. It has worked many times for me. The addition of aquarium salt can also help. Once the spots disappear keep the temp up for ten days.

+1 for the heat. I just ended my heat treatment today and it worked like a charm. Turn it up to at least 86. But only one or two degrees an hour to avoid stress.

Back
Top Bottom