ich tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

remy the cook

Aquarium Advice Activist
On Monday night I noticed that my cherry barbs have ich, last night I saw ich on my glow light's, as of yet I do not see anything on my blood fin's is it safe to assume that the blood fins have ich as well even if I cant see any spots?

I had the same problem with one of my new rams so I bumped up the heat 86 - 88 slowly added an extra airstone for oxygen pwc every second day to help, then kept the heat up a week after the last spot. It got worse before it got better, but I haven't lost any fish. Hope this helps :)

i just got rid of my air pump too :(, what can I do to add more oxygen in water with out air stone?

Try dropping the water level so your outflows splashes the water I did that as well. Just keep an eye on them if they look like their gasping a pwc should help.

i'm doing another pwc tonight after work not gonna fill it so high this time

I put my heat up a degree every 4 hours so I didn't shock the fish. Good luck

I wanted to buy my last 2 blood fin's on black Friday but now I can't :(, really wanted to finish the school off too

I just finished a water change not long ago and I noticed that the white spots are getting less on the fish and smaller in size, were some fish have a few to no spots and others still have quite a few, does this mean any thing?

Again, some just recover quicker! Lol but keep a close eye on the ones that seem to still have a lot if Ich, it can actually lead to a bacterial infection that could end up being fatal.

from what I could just see most my fish barely have white spots but my female cherry barbs are bright red were the gills are

from what I could see a few mins ago none of my fish have the white dots on them that I can see but this doesn't mean I'm out of the woods yet correct? I saw a glow light with a couple spots left :(

Just keep what your doing, remember to keep the heat going for a week after the last spot. Good luck :)

thank you, it always seems my tank is cloudy making it harder to see the fish and the ich spots, does that mean there is too much or not enough bacteria in the tank?

If it's newly set up it could be a bacteria bloom which will settle down on its own :)

Back
Top Bottom