Ich treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mar23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have suspicion that one of my cories has ich. I saw a tiny white speck on it. I may be wrong, but I want to nip it in the bud. So, what kind of medication would effectively eliminate this in a tank with scaleless fish, snails, and plants? I cannot do the heat method because I have sunfish in the tank. I don't even have a heater in it. I honestly do not think that the sunfish could put up with 86 degrees for any amount of time. So, is there a drug I can use in my tank? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Kordon rid ich plus.
Start on day one with large water change and half of med dose.
Vacuum again day two and dose to full strength if you have seen no issues with meds and fish.
I have used this method with scaless fish(my clown loaches and cories) for some time now.

The sooner you treat it the easier it should be to kill.

Good luck.

Thanks! I will look for it!

Kordon rid ich plus.
Start on day one with large water change and half of med dose.
Vacuum again day two and dose to full strength if you have seen no issues with meds and fish.
I have used this method with scaless fish(my clown loaches and cories) for some time now.

The sooner you treat it the easier it should be to kill.

Good luck.

Oh, for how many days do I do this?

Never mind. The suspicious white spot is gone. ??. I will buy the treatment anyway for future use. Thanks.

The ich can fall off into the substrate is like a cocoon, if it was ich and that cocoon opens your whole tank will be full of it, ich looks like granules of sugar or salt

Sent from my SM-G920P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom