Ich treatment day 4-could use some advice or instruction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azure Lord

Aquarium Advice Freak
Three days into treatment using Marineland Ick Remedy. No signs of improvement. Ill treat till the last man standing.

Anybody have any success/failure stories, advice, or guidance

Not familiar with that medication. I just looked up the ingredients.

Have you been dosing every day? Do you dose it at night after the lights are off and you're about to turn the lights off in the entire room? I've read that Malachite Green is inactivated by light. You should also try raising your temp to speed up the life cycle of the Ich. In fact, some people use heat alone to get rid of it. 86+ is supposed to kill most varieties of Ich. Make sure you have plenty of aeration if you go that route.

If the Marineland brand doesn't work for you, I highly recommend Paraguard by Seachem if you want to use meds for Ich. Always works great for me.

Dosing everyday exactly 24 hour periods, I keep lights off except to see what I'm doing plus my room is pretty dark anyway. I do not own heater that can be adjusted.

Personally if I had to use a medicine again I've heard good reviews about Rid ich by kordon. But if this doesnt work, it will be because it didn't work in the next 16 days or all the fish are dead!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What is in it again?

It should work but will take time. A week wouldn't surprise me.

The first night of dosing the fish need watching. A bit hard but if the gills are going 19 to the dozen, then increasing aeration while reducing water flow will make their life easier.

Edit - do you have dosing instructions? Can you repeat dose?

Whats in what?

Well this is treatment day 5 and still no signs of change. Areation and flow are good. They arent acting like they are suffocationg.
Fairly straightforward instructions. dose 4-6days
Repeat as needed. 20%wc prior to each dose.

But two of the fish look worse and the rest just dont look better

Whats in what?

Well this is treatment day 5 and still no signs of change. Areation and flow are good. They arent acting like they are suffocationg.
Fairly straightforward instructions. dose 4-6days
Repeat as needed. 20%wc prior to each dose.

But two of the fish look worse and the rest just dont look better

Does the treatment list ingredients and concentration levels?

Its somethin like 33% malachite green and some kind of antifungal or somethin

And does it definitely say to dose every day?

I don't see how that would work dosing daily without eventually killing your fish. Must get a cup of coffee.

It's very early here.

I did find this below for directions? I find that pretty confusing as to me it doesn't say dose daily, only if 'white spots persists'. Is this what you are using?

'Treat 4 to 6 days, if white spots persists, administer every 24 hours until it clears. Conduct 25% water change prior to each use.'

Just beat Ich using API ICH Cure. I am not a fan of meds and usually use a salt/heat method has always worked for me. But one of my prized fish was not doing well with the heat above 90 so I tried this API Ich cure and worked fantastically. I noticed drastic improvement after one day. Even though it said no need to increase temp I kept it at 88 because at least they stop reproducing at that temp.

I would contact the owner of the lfs or the company and ask for clarification on dosing instructions.

Australia has different ich treatments - most of ours are either treat every 3 days or a variation of like waterlife protozin. Since MG (or Victoria green) is also one of the ingredients here, I would be wary of daily dosing (even with water changes) without checking with the company.

http://www.theaquariumshop.com.au/s...fe+Protozin+Anti+fungal+Fish+Medication+100mL

Theyre pretty clear.....just wondering if it takes a while to see results?

Just beat Ich using API ICH Cure. I am not a fan of meds and usually use a salt/heat method has always worked for me. But one of my prized fish was not doing well with the heat above 90 so I tried this API Ich cure and worked fantastically. I noticed drastic improvement after one day. Even though it said no need to increase temp I kept it at 88 because at least they stop reproducing at that temp.

I have done heat and meds as well. I think it depends on the tank setup and fish (although generally not recommended). Even using both methods together I've had ich hang around for a week and a bit.

Back
Top Bottom