Ich treatment over and Im paranoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 6 fish set to come out of hospital today. They were at high temps for 10 days and in ISO since Easter. Now I am lowering temps but paranoid I see spots! :/

So if the spot i see is ich how long would it take to see more?

Thanks!

You need to continue treatment for at least a week after the last visible symptom has disappeared.
How high is the temp?

The symptoms have been gone for a week at least. The temp was 86.6 for 10 days. I think I'm paranoid about the spot it may just be a shiny spot on his fin. These fish have never been in my community tank so I'm a little scared to put them in.

No need to rush things in my opinion, why not keep them in the hospital tank for a few more days just to be safe?
Also from what I have seen with my battle of Ich is they start flashing before you can see the white spot. Are any of them flashing?

Off topic absolute, I love your sig!

No I can't really get a pic of it. I will just keep an eye on them. I was hoping there was a set number of time like if it's ich you will know by tomorrow. Or maybe it takes a while longer.

There is no flashing although I am not sure they could easily. The tank literally has a heater and filter they came to me from an algae covered tank in nasty water so they went straight into another tank.

Thanks for the input!

They could always flash off the heater/filter/or bottom of the tank still.

Ok good to know. I haven't seen any but will keep an eye out. They look really good to me right now! Glad they made it. We lost 3 out of 9 for a newbie that is not bad. Plus the Pleco died right off the bat :( The lady had all 9 of them in a 2 gallon unheated unfiltered tank. She cleaned everything out the day before we picked it up. :( Poor guys.

Of course I feel sorry for her too the LFS took quite a bit of money and left her with no knowledge not sure if she contacted them for help or not but had the tank for 2 years, algae problem. TINY vacuum that wasn't even one you connect to a hose. They sold her EVERYTHING and she wasn't successful.

Yeah I remember you saying how you were keeping them in a 5 gallon bucket when you got them and how bad the algae was. Hopefully everything is downhill from here.

I hope so too thanks! I think that is why in afraid to put them in with my neons and corys. Lol. We shall see how it goes!

When fish are kept in a filthy environment like that, you actually have to acclimate them to a clean tank very slowly, otherwise the shock makes them susceptible to disease such as ich.

I also vote for just keeping them in QT for at least another week or so.

I tried to acclimate them slowly. They were in water so murky I couldn't even see them. I may have brought on the ich. I tried to add the clean water slowly but may have still gone too fast. I tried to up the temp slowly too. But they are looking good now. I'll give them another week or 2 in ISO and give them some decorations! Lol maybe the 75 gallon will be done cycling and they can go in there. The red eyed tetras are going to seem cramped in my 28 and that one black neon left seems lonely :/

Thanks all!

Attachments

• image-2143282717.jpg
    image-2143282717.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 42
  • image-3811544820.jpg
    image-3811544820.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom